The region and access
Nestled in the heart of the Haut Languedoc regional park, between walking paths offering spectacular views and the rolling vineyards of the famous Faugères wine area, Hérépian is very much a destination within nature.
The rock pools of the Gorges d’Héric, the Martian landscapes of Lake Salagou. Such breathtaking countryside are home to beautiful old villages such as Olargues and Roquebrun, and the thermal spas of Lamalou and Avène.
Here, nature and history intertwine to offer a retreat that is very much off the beaten path. The village of Hérépian is guaranteed to charm you with its age-old authenticity.
The varied landscapes of the ‘Haut-Languedoc’ regional park offer a wide range of fun activities - from superb hiking and bike trails to kayaking down the river Orb, or golf at the Lamalou Golf Club.
Our team are on hand to give you advice on where to go, what to see and what to do - to make your visit here as memorable and fun as possible.
Getting here is easy and inexpensive:
- Bédarieux train station is 6km away - accessible either from Montpellier or Béziers
- Béziers Cap d’Agde - 45km (RyanAir)
- Montpellier - 80km (EasyJet, RyanAir, SAS, KLM)
- Carcassonne - 100km (RyanAir)
- Perpignan - 130km (RyanAir, FlyBe, Aer Lingus)
- Bédarieux Aerodrome 10km - private jets and helicopters
- From Lamalou-les-Bains: take the D908 towards Hérépian (5 min)
- From Montpellier: On the A9 exit at Béziers Centre, then take th D909 towards Bédarieux and the D908 to Hérépian
- From Toulouse: On the A9 exit at Béziers West, then head towards Bédarieux on the D908 or take the N112 to St-Pons and then the D908 to Hérépian
- From Clermont-Ferrand: On the A75 exit at Clermont l’Hérault then take the D908 to Bédarieux and then on to Hérépian
The Couvent d'Hérépian is located in the very centre of the village of Hérépian.